The Electoral Commission (EC), has struck out the names of about 17 parties from the list of Political Parties in Ghana, in line with Section 15(3)(C) of the Political Parties Law effective November 1, 2022.
The cancellation of the registration certificates of these seventeen political parties was published in the Daily Graphic’s Monday edition of November 14, 2022, for the information of the public.
The notification, signed by the Chairperson of the Commission said, “pursuant to the publication by the Electoral Commission dated October 13th and 17th, 2022,
the general public is hereby informed that the Registration certificates of under-listed Political Parties have been cancelled in accordance with Section (15)(3)(C) of the Political Parties Law, 200 (Act574), effective the 1st day of November 2022.
The parties are:
1. Democratic People’s Party (DPP)
2. United Front Party (UFP)
3. United Development System Party (UDSP)
4. Every Ghanaian Living Everywhere (EGLE)
5. Yes People’s Party (YPP)
6. United Ghana Movement (UGM)
7. Democratic Freedom Party (DFP)
8. New Vision Party (NVP)
9. Ghana Democratic Republican Party (GDRP)
10. Ghana National Party (GNP)
11. Power Unity Party (PUP)
12. United Progressive Party (UPP)
13. Reform Patriotic Democrats (RPD)
14. People’s Action Party (PAP)
15. United Renaissance Party (URP)
16. United Reform Party (URP)
17. United Love Party (ULP)