They promised us Freedom of Speech but have delivered to us a CULTURE OF SILENCE.
On Tuesday 28th June and Wednesday 29th June, 2022 patriotic citizens will embark on what can be termed as the biggest demonstration ever in Ghana’ history dubbed “ARISE TO SAVE GHANA”. Let me first of all commend the Organizers for their bravery and love for country and outline the 25 reasons why every Ghanaian, especially the youth, must participate in the demonstration.
- The Akufo-Addo/Bawumia/NPP government promised the youth Hope but gave us HOPELESSNESS
- They promised not to borrow but have increased Ghana’s debt stock from Ghc122 Billion (56.9% of GDP in 2016) to Ghc391 Billion (81% of GDP) as at first quarter of 2022. This government alone has added Ghc269 Billion to our public debt
- They promised to give the Youth jobs, rather, they Collapsed Banks that offered jobs to the Youth
- They promised to protect the public purse but have dissipated and ransacked the public purse through corruption.
- They promised to end Corruption but have nurtured and watered corruption to flourish through dubious deals.
- They promised us a strong Cedi but have delivered to us a Weak Cedi to the dollar.
- They promised to reduce fuel prices but have since increase Petrol prices from Ghc3.20 per liter in 2016 to Gh13.50 per liter today.
- They promised to stabilize prices of goods and services but have delivered to us hyperinflation 27.6%
- They promised us increased salaries and better conditions of service but have delivered to us static salaries.
- They promised to end Sole-Sourcing in the public sector, rather they have made it more lucrative when they got power
- They promised us safety and security but have delivered to us insecurity through reckless killings from Ayawaso, Techiman, Ejura, Nkoranza, etc.
- They promised us Freedom of Speech but have delivered to us a CULTURE OF SILENCE.
- They promised us all inclusive governance but have delivered to us a Family, Friends and Cronies Government.
- They promised to end Galamsey but have made it more lucrative and attractive for NPP members to destroy our rivers.
- They promised to STRENGTHEN State institutions but have ended up WEAKENING our State institutions.
- They promised to protect State property but have ended up sharing state forest reserve resources among themselves.
- They promised us liberty but have delivered to us pain and agony.
- They promised us satisfaction but have delivered to us HUNGER.
- They promised us Agenda 111 hospitals in a year but have delivered ZERO so far.
- They promised us transparent and accountable governance but have run away from accountability today.
- They promised to build our roads are drainage systems but have delivered to us flooding
- They promised farmers freedom but delivered them to them pain and suffering with increased prices of fertilizer and other farm inputs
- They promised us Heaven on Earth but delivered to us HELL on Earth.
- They promised us no taxes but delivered to us E-LEVY.
- They promised us 4More to Do More but delivered to us 4More to CRY More.
Desmond Tutu of South Africa once said “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality”.
This is communal labour to save Ghana from the oppressor and all must participate.
Forward Ever, Backwards Never.
Long Live Ghana.
By Bagbin Mpondan