The double-track system will not be adopted this year, according to the Ministry of Education, as first-year Senior High School pupils report to school today, Monday, April 4, 2022.
To prepare for the anticipated increase in junior high school students transitioning to senior high schools, the double-track system was established in 2018.
Detractors hailed the method’s demise, which took two to three years, according to Minister of Education Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum.
The double-track system will not be adopted this year, according to Education Ministry Public Relations Officer Kwasi Kwarteng.
“We will not be dividing children into two groups and having one group go to school and the other group come back after a few weeks or months.” “The infrastructure has improved significantly,” he said.
The infrastructure situation that prompted the double-track, he says, has improved.
So, the government could suspend the double-track system since the GETFund had completed nearly 1,400 infrastructure projects.
“GETFund’s 2017 infrastructure research found over 3,700 abandoned projects. Since last year, almost 1,400 of these projects have been built, obviously addressing the housing need we’ve been discussing.
The resolution centers are still open, Kwasi Kwarteng advises those still experiencing problems with placement.
The resolution centers will still be open to help students who need help with their placements, despite the influx of first-year students.